Selle de Lapin Faci aux Pruneaux avec Risotto alla Champignon et le Truffle Noire (Rabbit Stuffed with Prunes)
- 1) 2 Rabbits
- 2) Mixed Mushrooms
- 3) Carnaroli Rice
- 4) Dried Prunes/Figs
- 5) White Wine
- 6) Brandy/Cognac
- 7) Chicken/Rabbit Stock
- 8) Risotto
- 9) Heavy Cream
- 10) Butter
Level of difficulty Difficult
1) Cut rabbit into 3 sections (hind, saddle, shoulders)
2) Store hind and shoulders.
3) Carefully debone saddle.
1) Rinse chicken carcasses try to remove as much blood as possible.
2) In stock pot, heat some oil and add aromatics.
3) Add carcasses and top with water.
4) Never allow it to heat past a simmer.
5) Strain and refrigerate.
1) Sweetened brandy.
2) Soak dried prunes in brandy/cognac.
1) Stuff rabbit saddle with reconstituted prunes.
3) Use cling wrap to tightly tie up rabbit and tie with butchers twine.
4) Cook immersion circulator until through.
5) Torch for colour.
1) Chop assorted mushrooms and add to hot oiled pan.
2) Cook through and set aside.
1) Add carnaroli rice to large pot.
2) Mince shallows.
3) Add butter and toast rice.
4) Add a splash of white wine.
5) Add hot chicken/rabbit stock to risotto and reduce.
6) Cook until al dente.
7) Remove from heat, add knob of butter and cover.
d) Mushroom Foam:
1) Take some cooked mushrooms and continue to cook with heavy cream.
2) Add to blender to smoothen.
3) Use hand blender to get foam.
You'll also love
- Chicken and Mushroom Risotto 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Mini Pork Skewers 4.1/5 (42 Votes)
- Cabbage Roll Casserole 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Cream of Spinach Soup 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Ham Terrine with Zucchini 3.2/5 (201 Votes)
- Pancakes stuffed with sausage and... 2.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Cutlets with mustard 3.2/5 (98 Votes)
- Diablotins 2.8/5 (97 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!