Rabbit with Tomatoes
- 1 rabbit
- 1 large can of tomatoes
- 6 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 2/3 cup red wine
- 1 small can of white mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon each of fresh thyme, basil and oregano
- a knob of butter
- some flour to coat the rabbit
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 90mins
Cost Average budget
Cut the rabbit into pieces and coat lightly with flour.
In a hot pan with a large knob of butter, brown the rabbit pieces.
In a large oven-safe pot, add the rabbit and the rest of the ingredients.
Cook in the oven for half an hour at 410F
Serve with rice or pasta.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!