Rabbit with Tomatoes
Rate this recipe 2.8/5 (14 Votes)
Recipewe ♡ 0 Picture
- 1 rabbit
- 1 large can of tomatoes
- 6 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 2/3 cup red wine
- 1 small can of white mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon each of fresh thyme, basil and oregano
- a knob of butter
- some flour to coat the rabbit
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 90mins
Cost Average budget
Cut the rabbit into pieces and coat lightly with flour.
In a hot pan with a large knob of butter, brown the rabbit pieces.
In a large oven-safe pot, add the rabbit and the rest of the ingredients.
Cook in the oven for half an hour at 410F
Serve with rice or pasta.
You'll also love
- Uncle Greg's chicken 2.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Vegetable Saute 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Canned Salsa 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- tacos 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Provencal Tart 2.9/5 (79 Votes)
- Cheese fondue 2.7/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tarte Tatin with Cherry Tomatoes
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!
Review this recipe