- store bought pastry dough
- 4 or 5 large tomatoes
- one to two tablespoons of mustard
- one to two onions
- a few slices of Italian coppa
- olive oil
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- herbs de provence
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 410 ° F
1. Roll out the pastry dough and place in tart or pie dish
2. Spread mustard (more or less generously to taste)
3. Cut tomatoes into thin slices and arrange on mustard.
4. Cut onions into thin slices and arrange over the tomatoes
5. A drizzle of olive oil if desired
6. Put the sliced Capicola on top of onions
7. Finally, sprinkle herbs de provence generously and then the grated cheese Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
You'll also love
- Crispy Homemade Popcorn Chicken 4.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Baked Sausage 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Nana's Butter Tarts 3.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Lush pancakes without eggs (fried... 3/5 (6 Votes)
- Ratatouille 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Rhubarb Streusal Muffins 2.8/5 (21 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Dip 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Loaded Hash Brown Casserole 3/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!