Crab Meat Omelet
This is a recipe I made one morning when I had some crabmeat in the fridge that wasn't earmarked for any special dish, but I couldn't wait to eat it.
- 1/2 to 1 pound crab meat (picked over to remove any shells)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stem of celery, chopped
- 3 toes of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 of small bell pepper, chopped
- 4 tsp of butter
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- about 1/4 cup of water
- salt & pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Heat skillet over medium heat, add butter, all the chopped ingredients & cook til transparent. Then add crab meat, stir & lower heat to medium low.
Beat eggs, water, salt & pepper. When crab meat is heated throughly, add egg mixture. Cook on low to medium low until eggs are set. Flip one time & cook until eggs are completely set.
Serve with grits & biscuits for a wonderful way to start your day. Or make in the evening for supper. Anything you add (hashbrowns, toast, etc.) goes well with this dish anytime of day!!!
You'll also love
- Quick Crabmeat Dip 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Creamy Crab Lettuce Wraps with... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Sweet Wheat Pancakes with berry... 2.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie 2.7/5 (7 Votes)
- German Pancakes 2.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Meat Pie Mixture 2.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Rice Crust 2.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Crab Cheese Ball 2.2/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!