Rabbit in Riesling
- 4 lbs rabbit
- - 3.5 tbsp stick of butter (divided)
- - 3 shallots
- - 2 tablespoons flour
- - scant 1/2 cup Riesling
- - 8 oz button mushrooms
- - 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- - 1/4 lemon
- - 8 oz sour cream
- - Bouquet garni
- - Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Chop the shallots. Heat 3 tbsp butter in a large casserole. Drop in the pieces of meat. Let them cook on all sides. Add the shallots and sprinkle with flour. Mix well.
Pour the Riesling, vinegar and water so the liquid comes up around the meat. Add the bouquet garni. Cover and simmer 2 hours.
Meanwhile: Take out the mushrooms and wash. Cut into strips and fry in a little butter.
Remove the rabbit pieces and keep warm in a serving dish. Put the pan back on the heat and boil the sauce for 10 minutes. It will reduce by one third.
Add mushrooms and cream. Boil again. Add the meat and finish with a dash of lemon juice to "boost" the sauce.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (464 Votes)
- Mushroom, Red Wine Demi Glaze 4.5/5 (213 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushrooms 3.7/5 (189 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Frosting 4.8/5 (53 Votes)
- Banana Cream Pie 4.5/5 (59 Votes)
- Sole Medallion with foie gras 4.6/5 (77 Votes)
- Peppers stuffed with goat cheese 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Glass Slipper/ Cinderella 4/5 (87 Votes)