Marinated beef with cream of morels
- - 1 1/2 - 2lbs beef round
- - 3.5 oz of fresh bacon
- - 15 dried morels
- - 2 1/2 cups button mushrooms
- - 2 1/2 cups hedgehog mushrooms (if you can not find use chanterelles)
- - 2 - 2 1/2 cups onions
- - 2 cloves of garlic
- - 3/4 - 1 cup of cream
- - 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- - 1 teaspoon flour
- - 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- - 1 1/2 tablespoon of butter
- - 1 bouquet garni
- - Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut meat into cubes. Marinate 48 hours in a marinade of 3 glasses of water, 2 tablespoons wine vinegar, finely chopped onion, crushed garlic, cracked pepper and bouquet garni tied.
48 hrs later . . .
- Soak the dried morels for 20 minutes in warm water. In a casserole, saute in 1 tbsp oil.
- Cut bacon cut into very small pieces.
- Remove meat from marinade (reserve) and dry it on a clean cloth and then add the bacon. Allow to brown before adding the drained onions.
- Meanwhile, wash and finely chop the mushrooms, drain the mushrooms and leave them whole. Fry all in 1 tablespoon oil and butter. Reduce. Salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan, boil the marinade to reduce it. When the meat and onions take good color, pour the marinade on the reduced preparation, cover and simmer gently for 2 h. If necessary, add a little water during cooking. Reserve mushrooms. When beef is ready, beat the cream with the flour, add mushrooms, then pour over the beef.
- Serve immediately, accompanied by mashed potatoes and carrots, noodles or rice.