Rock Oysters with potatoes and Cider
- 24 oysters
- 3/4 cup (5 oz) mushrooms
- 2 russet potatoes
- generous 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 2/3 cups cider
- 3 tbsp butter Norman
- Coarse salt
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Open the oysters.
Keep the shells and place on a baking sheet.
Place oysters in a small saucepan with juice.
Reduce the cider syrup, add a little oyster juice, cook a few minutes, add the cream and whisk the butter.
Meanwhile, heat the shells.
Cook the potatoes and mushrooms (the same size so they will cook evenly), with butter.
Simmer the mollusks.
With a spoon, fill the shells with the potato and mushrooms and place the oysters on top.
Present in a shallow dish of seaweed and salt and finish by spooning the boiling sauce over the oysters.
You'll also love
- Thavul Adai 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip 4.3/5 (5 Votes)
- Salmon casserole on fennel puree... 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Simple Potato Soup with Bacon 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Spinach and Mushroom stuffed Beef... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Squid stuffed with mushrooms and... 4/5 (17 Votes)
- Fish Verrines 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Grammy's Oriental Chicken Mushroom... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!