Beef with Vegetables
- 1 1/2-2 lbs beef bourguignon,
- 4 carrots,
- 1 green pepper,
- 2 cups button mushrooms,
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- olive oil,
- salt, pepper, bouquet garni
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Wash and peel the vegetables, cut the onion, bell pepper and sliced mushrooms and carrots.
Saute onion in oil, then the meat and peppers. Stir.
Add the tomato puree, stir well.
Put the carrots, white wine and beef broth (made with water and the bouillon cube), stir.
Add the bouquet garni (thyme, bay leaf, parsley), garlic, and salt and pepper.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.