- 8 young mushrooms
- 5 oz ham
- 3 shallots
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- scant 1 cup of white wine
- neutral oil
- 2 tablespoons duck fat
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Wipe 8 beautiful mushrooms with a damp cloth (never put directly under water). Remove the stems from the mushrooms (reserve) and beards (if applicable), Brush each cap with oil, reserve.
Soak bread crumbs in a little milk. Finely chop the ham, the mushroom stems, shallots, garlic and parsley. Add the breadcrumbs and the egg, pepper, salt and check seasoning, sauté everything quickly in a pan with 1 tbsp minced duck fat. Moisten with white wine and cook for a few minutes on low heat.
Place caps upside down on a baking dish brushed with oil. Fill them with stuffing, moisten with the remaining white wine, sprinkle with bread crumbs, and you put a dab of remaining duck fat on top. Put in hot oven, 350 degrees, about 15 to 20 minutes, until brown. Serve immediately in the baking dish.
You'll also love
- Beef Jerky Cheeseball 4.2/5 (37 Votes)
- Peggy's Tuna Casserole 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- dinner biscuits 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Grammy's Oriental Chicken Mushroom... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Bean Soup 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Italian Chicken Parmesan 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Spinach and Mushroom stuffed Beef... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Perch fillets 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!