Santa's Little Helper: 35 Kid-friendly Christmas recipes to try
Let the little ones join in on the holiday food preparations this year with these fun and festive ideas.
1/35 View slideshow
© Rachel Cooks
Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats
Kids love Rice Krispies, and these festive Christmas tree versions couldn't be simpler to make. In addition to or instead of sprinkles, the kids could even use other sweets to decorate their trees, such as icing, M&Ms, or candy stars.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tasty Beef Tomato Pockets
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Comment on this article