- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Combine the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and milk in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Bring to a simmer, and stir until thick about 2 minutes. Remove from heat stir in vanilla and butter.
Transfer to a heatproof bowl, and refrigerate until cool, approximately 20 minutes.
Stir the chocolate chips into the cooled chocolate mixture. Pour into molds and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
You'll also love
- Peach and Vanilla Parfait 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Yummy Waffle Custard 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Sami's Sweets 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Milk- banana cocktail 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- No Bake PB and Chocolate Cookies 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Dirty Worms 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Country Style Vanilla Ice Cream 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Favorite Fudge Recipe (Cocoa... 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!