Toblerone Mousse Sponge Cake
By Eva , blog : Pour ceux qui aiment cuisiner
- Sponge Cake:
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 1/4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 dash lemon juice
- Toblerone Praline Mousse:
- 3-4 oz Toblerone
- 5 oz pralinoise
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate
- 2 cups of cream
- 3-4 ounces of dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup of whipping cream or milk
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 80mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
The sponge cake: Separate the whites from the yolks, then whisk the egg yolks with sugar until the mixture whitens. Add flour, and the lemon juice, and melted butter. Beat the egg whites until stiff and add them gently to mix. Pour the batter into a round mold buttered and flour, and bake 8 minutes at 450 ° F. Let the cake cool and cut it in half. Place one half of the sponge cake at the bottom of a pastry circle.
Toblerone praline mousse: Beat the cold cream until well whipped. Melt the toblerone in double boiler, the pralinoise and dark chocolate. Let the chocolate cool slightly before mixing it with whipped cream. Pour the cream into the pastry circle on the first layer of sponge cake. Then place the second layer of sponge cake on chocolate mousse. Frosting: Melt chocolate in a saucepan with the milk (or cream). Pour melted chocolate over the cake. Let cool overnight in the refrigerator (12 hours).
You'll also love
- No Bake PB and Chocolate Cookies 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Devil Food Cake 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Canadian chocolate moose 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Pie Tarts 3.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Crunchy Nutella Mousse 3.9/5 (53 Votes)
- Dessert- Apple Pie 3/5 (27 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!
Review this recipe