Almond Joy Fudge
- For the Fudge Layer:
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate Hershey’s Kisses
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate candy melts (like Wilton or Almond Bark)
- 1 – 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Coconut Layer:
- 1 – 14 oz bag sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp. sweetened condensed milk
- Chocolate Candy Layer:
- 20 whole raw almonds
- 1 cup chocolate candy melts (like Wilton or Almond Bark)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Prepare a 9×9-inch baking dish by lining it with parchment paper and lightly spraying with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. In a medium saucepan over low heat, stir together the Hershey’s Kisses, the chocolate melting candy, and the whole can of sweetened condensed milk until melted and smooth. The mixture should start to pull away from the edges of the pan. Scrape fudge into the prepared baking dish and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp. sweetened condensed milk, the coconut, and the powdered sugar. It’s best if you can use a stand mixer for this, as it really takes some “elbow grease” to mix it together thoroughly. If you choose to mix by hand, be aware, the mixture may appear dry at first, but as you continue to “work” the coconut, the consistency will improve. Spread out a piece of parchment or wax paper that is approximately the size of the 9×9-inch dish. Scrape out the coconut mixture onto the paper. Use a rubber spatula or clean hands to press the coconut into a square the size of the dish. Invert the coconut square on top of the fudge and gently press down.
Spread the almonds evenly over top of the coconut layer. Microwave the remaining melting chocolate for one minute. Stir until smooth and pour as evenly as possible over the almonds. Use a rubber spatula to gently spread the chocolate in an even layer. Let fudge cool completely to set, about 4-6 hours at room temperature or an hour in the refrigerator. Cut into 1 inch squares to serve. (I found that inverting the dish onto a cutting board and cutting from the bottom, the soft layer, down to the hard chocolate layer made the cutting a little less messy.)
You'll also love
- Almond Joy Ice Cream 4.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Raspberry / White Chocolate Cookies 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll 3.7/5 (35 Votes)
- Sea Salted Hot Chocolate 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Strawberry Carpaccio 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Easiest Peanut Butter Fudge EVER! 3.9/5 (19 Votes)
- Italian Florentine Cookies 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Maple Walnut Fudge 2 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.