I have several variations to this recipe. It works well using Regular or Turkey Italian Sausage or Turkey Bacon or Turkey Pepperoni.
- 1 pound large fresh whole mushrooms
- 3 slices cooked crumbled bacon
- 6 slices pepperoni quartered
- ¼ cup finely shredded Italian cheese blend
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Place the stems and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor. Mince. Firmly stuff into mushroom caps; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
There will be leftover filling; it can be used to stuff boneless chicken breasts or pork chops.
You'll also love
- Broccoli, Chicken and Rice... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)
- Side- Tomato & Avocado Salsa 3.7/5 (44 Votes)
- Chicken Parm 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken Stuffing Dish 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Creamy New England Style Cheesy... 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Stay-Out-of-the-Kitchen Vichyssoise 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Greek-Style Vegetables 4/5 (39 Votes)
- Chicken Things 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!