Fresh Broccoli Salad with Bacon Bits
- 2 heads fresh broccoli
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 lb bacon, cut into bits
- 3/4 C raisins
- 3/4 C sliced almonds
- 3/4 mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cut broccoli into bite-sized flowerettes. Add chopped onion, bacon, raisins and almonds.
Combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar for dressing. Toss with salad to coat well.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!