Cream of broccoli
By milesi christelle
- 1 lb broccoli
- 2 carrots
- 1 shallot
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- For garnish
- soft salty cheese
- pink peppercorns
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Detach the broccoli into small florets. Wash and drain. Peel the carrots and grate them. Peel and mince the shallot. Heat olive oil in Dutch oven to brown the shallots and add the grated carrots. Cover with water, bring to boil. Add the broccoli florets, if necessary, add a little water. Cook until the broccoli florets are tender.
Cut squares diced fresh. When cooked, add salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Pour the cream. Mix everything in order to obtain a velvety texture. Taste, adjust seasoning if necessary. Divide the soup into bowls. Sprinkle with cheese and some crushed pink peppercorns.
You'll also love
- Chi Corn Broc 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Broccoli & Wild Rice Casserole 3.9/5 (78 Votes)
- Scallops on a bed of vegetables 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken Fricassee 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Rabbit with maroilles cheese 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Strawberry Carpaccio 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Caramel Sauce 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Chestnut Soup 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft.
- Place the broccoli in a blender.
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid.
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F.
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust.
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of Coppa ham.
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.