Tired of Hummus? Make this Hearty, Nutty Spread Instead
In the mood for a hearty spread that isn't hummus? Try this delicious spread made from red lentils, walnuts and mushrooms.
© Gourmandize / Silvia Santucci
Ingredients (for 4 people)
In the mood for a hearty spread that isn't hummus? Try this delicious spread made from red lentils, walnuts and mushrooms. It's got a lovely earthiness and nutty flavor to it that will more than satisfy your snack cravings. Here's our step-by-step recipe.
- 7 oz. cooked red lentils
- 3 oz. mushrooms (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup walnuts, shelled
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley, to garnish
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!