Cream of Spinach Soup
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup chicken base (chicken powder)
- 2 cups milk
- 12 ounces spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup flour
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
In a pot, put the water and chicken base. Add the milk and spinach and bring to a boil.
Meanwhile, in another pot, melt the butter and add the onion. Salute until translucent but not
Brown. Add the flour and stir constantly to form a smooth roux.
Add the spinach mixture to the roux, stirring constantly.
Bring to a boil and simmer until the soup is smooth and the flour taste has gone
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!