My grandpa's recipe is used as a base for this recipe with a couple additions from italian restaurants I've worked in.
Rate this recipe 2.7/5 (18 Votes)
Recipewe ♡ 1 Picture
- 1 onion - diced
- 2 garlic cloves - chopped
- pinch red pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 lb ground veal
- 1/4 lb ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1 C bread crumbs
- 1/4 C grated parmesan
- 1/4 C chopped basil
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 tbsp anchovy paste
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Saute onions then add garlic and red pepper - cool
Mix meats, eggs, parmesan, basil and bread crumbs
Add onion mix, then milk
Brown all sides in well oiled pan
add to sauce or bake 350° for 15 minutes
You'll also love
- Meatballs 3/5 (10 Votes)
- Hummus 3.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Super Sized Chili 3.1/5 (65 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Bright and Creamy Tomato Basil Soup 2.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Beef with Onions and Star Anise 2.9/5 (52 Votes)
- Fruit Leather Roll Ups 2.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Doritos Nachos 3.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Sweet & Sour Meatballs 2.7/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tasty Beef Tomato Pockets
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe