28 must-have kitchen staples
If you're a fan of cupboard cooking, then you know how important it is to be well-stocked. After all, the biggest time-saver when it comes to making a meal is having all of the staple ingredients on hand.
Here's the absolutely essential kit of 28 foods and ingredients that everyone should have in their kitchen. Simply take this list with you next time you go to the grocery store, and your kitchen will always have exactly what you need!
Hard-boiled eggs are great for breakfast, in salad or on toast, and most dessert recipes call for at least a couple of eggs. So make sure you've got at least a dozen on hand at all times.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture