Beef Teriyaki Don
- 6 oz beef sliced thinly against the grain
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 5 tbsp Mizkan bonito flavored soup base
- 3 tbsp Mizkan mirin seasoning
- 3 tbsp cooking wine
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
To make the sauce: combine soup base, mirin seasoning, cooking wine, sugar and cornstarch.
To make the beef: pan-fry the beef with the oil. once cooked, add in the sauce. the sauce is ready when it starts to thicken.
Assemble: serve with rice.
calories: 332 calories per portion.
You'll also love
- Spicy Beef & Spinach Lasagna 2.4/5 (61 Votes)
- Taco Pie 2.8/5 (27 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Salad - Chicken 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Thai Jasmine & Collard Greens 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Out of this world okra meat pie! 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Rice Pudding 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Sam's Egg Rolls 2.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Korean Style Garlic Chicken Wings 3.2/5 (18 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.