This is a korean sushi I came to love while living in Korea that I veganized.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 pkg fried tofu, julianne
- 1 pkg burdock root, julianne (optional)
- 1 bag spinach, flash fried in garlic oil
- 2 carrots, julianne
- 1 pkg yellow pickled radish, julianne (dikon radish)
- 1 red pepper, julianne
- 1 pkg Nori seaweed in sheets
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Combine rice, sugar, vinegar, and sesame oil.
Spread rice mixture over seaweed in a thin layer.
Layer vegetables and tofu on the corner you are going to start rolling.
Roll tightly. Seal the end with sesame oil.
Cut into 1/2 inch sections.
You'll also love
- Veggie Pizza Squares 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Tofu and Chard Stuffed Pasta 3.1/5 (277 Votes)
- Capsicum (Green pepper) - Tamarind... 3.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Soy Milk 3.1/5 (17 Votes)
- crab and lemon maki 3/5 (273 Votes)
- Potato Red Onion Tortilla Pie 3/5 (23 Votes)
- Roast Beef Sliced Sandwich 3/5 (21 Votes)
- MANGO SPRING ROLLS 2.9/5 (27 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!