This is a fresh chunky mariana.
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 2 cups tomato paste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch in 1/4 cup water
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Saute garlic and onion in oil. Add remaining ingredients and boil to thicken. Serve with homemade bread.
You'll also love
- Noilly sauce 3.4/5 (59 Votes)
- Capsicum (Green pepper) - Tamarind... 3.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Cauliflower pasta 2.8/5 (43 Votes)
- Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce 3.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Caramelized Zucchini 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Farmhouse Sicilian Pasta With... 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Better Than Sex Pasta 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Pizza Sauce 2.9/5 (18 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!