Easy Scalloped Potatoes (No Onion)
A warm and hearty dish sure to please each time!
- 5 medium sized potatoes any color
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup of 2 % White Milk
- 1/2 cup of warm water
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel potatoes and slice into 1/2 cm thick slices.
Mix together flour and spices.
Cover the bottom of baking dish in a thin layer of flour mixture.
Begin layering potatoes untill bottom of dish is covered.
Cover potatoe layer with thin layer of flour mixture.
Repeat this process u ntill all potatoes are used, finishing with a layer of flour mixture.
Pour in milk.
Fill with warm water untill thel liquid barely covers top of potatoes.
Bake @ 375 °F for 45-60 minutes or until top is golden and bubbling and most of the liquid is absorbed.
Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Check potatoes tenderness with a fork after 40 minutes. If potatoes are soft and there is an abundance of liquid carefuly pour a small amount of liquid out. ( different potatoes absorb liquid differently)
You'll also love
- Scalloped Potatoes 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Creamy Scalloped Potatoes 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic & Cherry Tomatoes 2.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Thai Jasmine & Collard Greens 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Easy Barbecue Sauce 2.9/5 (22 Votes)
- Weekend Potato Salad 2.9/5 (45 Votes)
- spinach and feta casserole 2.9/5 (216 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Make that special someone swoon with these adorable, delicious bacon potato roses!