Light Zucchini Gratin
- 4 zucchini
- scant 1 cup soy sour cream
- 2.5 oz of grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 350 F
Cook zucchini and drain them. Ideally, cook the day before so they have more water "in excess".
In a bowl, mash the zucchini with a fork. The pieces should be well reduced.
Add soy sour cream, grated cheese, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix well with fork.
Bake for about 30 minutes depending on your oven. Serve hot with meat or fish.
You'll also love
- Delicious Broccoli and Sunflower... 3.9/5 (30 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes with Meatballs 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Zucchini and blue cheese tart 3.9/5 (50 Votes)
- Zucchini Caviar and Parmesan Cream 3.9/5 (89 Votes)
- Creamy Scalloped Potatoes 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Sour Cream Banana Protein Bread 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Cheese and Walnuts 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Spicy potatoes o gratin 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!