Zucchini gratin Provencal
By Sophie , blog Le cahier gourmand de Sophie
- 2 large zucchini
- 6 large tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tbsp white wine
- Grated cheese (such as Comté, Gruyère or Fontina)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon thyme
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
- Preheat oven to 410 ° F.
- Cut zucchini into rounds and sauté in a little olive oil. Reserve.
- Sauté chopped onion in a little olive oil, add garlic and diced tomatoes and thyme.
- Let reduce for about 20 min. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add parsley.
- In a dish, pour half the zucchini and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Next add half the tomatoes.
- Fill the dish with the remaining zucchini and tomatoes, sprinkle with cheese.
- Add the white wine.
- Bake 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Cauliflower Gratin with Bolognese... 4.4/5 (77 Votes)
- Parmesan-Garlic Spaghetti Squash 3.4/5 (36 Votes)
- chocolaté croissants 3.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Noilly sauce 3.4/5 (60 Votes)
- Herring Undercover 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Dutch tomato soup 3.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Potato and Tomato Puree 2.9/5 (36 Votes)
- Braised Veal Heart with Carrots... 3/5 (51 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!