Beauty and the Beast based.yummy cheese delight.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons of butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoon of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of 2% milk
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
In a large saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour until smooth; gradually add milk.
Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Remove from the heat.
Beat egg yolks. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cool slightly.
Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
Fold into egg yolk mixture. Pour into two 8-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Make sure to separate egg whites from yolks.
You'll also love
- Cream Cheese Muffins 3.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Red Fruits Charlotte 3.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Steak tartare with avocado 3.7/5 (48 Votes)
- Sausage and Pasta Casserole 3.6/5 (139 Votes)
- PORK BACKRIBS 3.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Potato Red Onion Tortilla Pie 3/5 (23 Votes)
- Cheddar Stuffed Turkey Meatballs 3/5 (14 Votes)
- Dannielle's Baked Macaroni & Cheese 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!