Melt In Your Mouth Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350. Spray 2 baking sheets with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside
In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt
In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium high speed, cream margarine, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat egg until well blended
Gradually beat in flour mixture until well combined.
Shape dough into scant 1-inch balls, place on prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart. Flatten cookies slightly. Until the tines of a fork dipped in flour, press a crisscross pattern onto each cookie.
Bake until the edges are golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
Repeat with remaining dough.
Hopefully, there will be some cookies left to go from the wire rack to the cookie jar!
You'll also love
- Frozen Fruit Juice Pie 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Nutella Ravioli 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Pizza 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Homemade Custard 4/5 (50 Votes)
- Rose petal cookies 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Fudge Cupcakes with Peanut Butter... 4.1/5 (36 Votes)
- Whipped Shortbread Cookies 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Giant Peanut Butter and Chocolate... 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.