Yum Yum Apple Pie
- 8 - Golden Delicious Apples (peeled
- and sliced)
- 1/2 Cup - Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tablespoon of Corn Startch
- 2 Tablespoons of All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup - White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup - Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon - Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon - Cinnamon
- 1 Recipe Pastry for a 9 inch Double Crust Pie
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Pre-Heat oven to 425 degrees
Fit bottom crust in 9 inch pie pan.
Melt butter on stove top.
Stir in Corn Starch and All-Purpose Flour in to melted butter to form a paste.
Add white and brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Bring to boil.
Reduce temperature and let simmer.
In a bowl, thoroughly mix your prepared apple slices with butter/sugar combo and then fill pie with it.
Cover with top dough.
Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 35 - 45 minutes more. Take out and cool before serving.
You'll also love
- Apple Tart 4/5 (150 Votes)
- Natural Juice French Apple Pie 3.3/5 (207 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Bread Pudding 3.8/5 (10 Votes)
- 2 ingredient Pumpkin... 3.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Dessert- Apple Pie 3/5 (27 Votes)
- Great Grandma Rose's Pumpkin Pie 3.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Strawberry Pie with Coconut 3.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding 3/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.