10 fruits you should be eating this fall
These fruits are luscious, nutritious and very much in season. Here's all you need to know about the best of fall produce.
Fall fruit bounty
Who says that summer is the only time for fresh fruits? Here’s our list of some common and some rare but mostly seasonal autumn fruits that you can't pass up. They're vibrant, bursting with vitamins and won't fail to satisfy your sweet fruit cravings.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.