Mrs. Cheney's Apple Knobby Cake
Easy to make when you've got some fresh apples around
Mrs. Cheney's Apple Knobby Cake. Discover our recipe.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3 cups peeled, cored, and diced apples
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup flour
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Cream shortening and sugar together, add egg, mix.
Add apples, nuts, and vanilla, mix.
Sift in dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg) stir until combined.
Bake in greased square pan at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar (if desired), slice into squares and serve.
You'll also love
- Clementine and filo dessert 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Banana and Chocolate Crumble 3.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Ho Ho Cake 3.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Rhubarb Cake 3.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Apple and breton biscuits tart... 3/5 (223 Votes)
- Mom’s Best Apple Dump Cake 2.9/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!
Review this recipe