Apple Knobby Cake (Mrs. Cheney's Recipe)
Apple Knobby Cake (Mrs. Cheney's Recipe). Discover our recipe.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3 cups peeled
- and diced apples
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup flour
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cream shortening and sugar together, add egg, mix.
Add apples, nuts, and vanilla, mix.
Sift in dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg) stir until combined.
Bake in greased square pan at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar (if desired), slice into squares and serve.
You'll also love
- Apple-Cheddar Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Walnut Crescent Cookies 3.7/5 (103 Votes)
- Creme Puff Cake 4.2/5 (66 Votes)
- Spiced Orange Flan with Pineapple... 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Southern Style Strawberry Coconut... 3.4/5 (123 Votes)
- Apple Chutney 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Butternut Squash and Apple Bisque 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.