Apple & Prosciutto Delite
No baker, no problem. This easy peasy stress-free dessert will be ready in no time and packs major flavor. This sweet and savory dessert will WOW you family and friends.
No oven, no problem. This easy peasy stress-free dessert will be ready in no time and packs major flavor.
- 1/4 cup lemon olive oil
- 1 Tbsp BBQ Rub
- 6 "1 1/2 inch slices pound cake
- 2 granny smith apple
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup gourmet pepper jelly
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 4 mint leaves julienned
- 3 ounces southeast smoked blue cheese
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1. Combine olive oil & ¾ of the BBQ Rub in a mixing bowl.
2. Brush cake slices & apple slices with the mixture.
3. Preheat a large non-stick grill pan to medium high heat. Grill cake slices for 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from pan.
4. Grill apple slices for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, add butter and pepper jelly to a medium high sauce pan. Reduce heat. Add remaining BBQ Rub and mint to pan. Simmer for 4 minutes minutes
6. Transfer apple slices to sauce pan and simmer for 5-7 minutes until apples are tender.
7. Assemble 6 plates up with cake, pepper jelly sauce, prosciutto slice, apples slices, blue cheese and remaining pepper jelly sauce.