Easy to make comfort food
- 4 cups milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/3 cups minute rice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- Cinnamon to flavor
- Vanilla to flavor
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Cook rice on stove as per rice cooking directions,substituting milk for water.Let stand 5 minutes,then add raisins,eggs and spices.
Grease 8 x 8 inch dish and put in oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1/2 hour.
You'll also love
- Dirt cake 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Pie Tarts 3.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Broccoli and Rice casserole 3.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Bread Pudding 3.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Grandma Wood's Yorkshire Crackney... 3.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Akkara vadisal... A sweet rice... 3.6/5 (48 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Simple Chocolate Pudding 3.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding 3/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
What happens when you layer rice pudding and dulce de leche in mason jars? Sweet, sweet magic!
- 1 Cup of rice
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 7 Cloves
- 4 Cups of milk
- 1 Cup of sweetened condensed milk
- Dulce de leche
- In a saucepan, combine the rice, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and milk, and simmer.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, stir, and simmer for a few more minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a mason jar, layer the rice pudding and dulce de leche, and top with a sprinkling of powdered cinnamon.