Akkara vadisal... A sweet rice pudding
- Rice - 1/3 cup which cooks to 1 cup
- Jaggery - 1 1/2 cup
- Ghee - 2 tablespoons
- Cashews - 1/2 cup
- Elachi - 1 teaspoon
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Pressure cook rice and mash it.
Boil jaggery with little water.
Add cooked rice little by little to it and mix well in low flame
Add roasted cashews and elachi. mix well and serve
You'll also love
- Naada (A savory snack). 3.8/5 (27 Votes)
- Skinny Funfetti Cupcakes 3.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Andes Mint Cookies 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Broccoli and Rice casserole 3.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Vatha kulambhu podi 3.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Glorified Rice 3.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Bulgur or Cracked Wheat Salad 3.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Halwa 3.2/5 (25 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
What happens when you layer rice pudding and dulce de leche in mason jars? Sweet, sweet magic!
- 1 Cup of rice
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 7 Cloves
- 4 Cups of milk
- 1 Cup of sweetened condensed milk
- Dulce de leche
- In a saucepan, combine the rice, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and milk, and simmer.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, stir, and simmer for a few more minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a mason jar, layer the rice pudding and dulce de leche, and top with a sprinkling of powdered cinnamon.