- 1 c uncooked rice
- 1 can drained fruit cocktail
- 1 banana
- 1 small tub cool whip
- 1 small jar on maraschino cherries chopped
- 1 small bag coconut
- 1 can of pineapple tidbits drained
- 1 big box of Jello any flavor
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 1mins
Cost Average budget
make Jello as directed on the box
cook rice till done
add jello to rice, place in long pan like a 9x13.
put in fridge, while its still hot stir rice mix, every 15 minutes until jello is fully absorbed by the rice. Do not hurry this step.
when this step is completed, add fruit and stir.
add cool whip and coconut and fold in.
cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
good for potlucks, it travels well.
You'll also love
- Sassy Fruit Cocktail 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Cherry Snowballs 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Melon Sorbet 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Maxx O' Pumpkin 3.6/5 (229 Votes)
- Marshmallow Dessert 3.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Jack Nicklaus Cheesecake 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Mae's Chili 3.3/5 (86 Votes)
- Marshmallow Delight 3.7/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
What happens when you layer rice pudding and dulce de leche in mason jars? Sweet, sweet magic!
- 1 Cup of rice
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 7 Cloves
- 4 Cups of milk
- 1 Cup of sweetened condensed milk
- Dulce de leche
- In a saucepan, combine the rice, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and milk, and simmer.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, stir, and simmer for a few more minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a mason jar, layer the rice pudding and dulce de leche, and top with a sprinkling of powdered cinnamon.
Review this recipe