From cocktails to desserts: 15 recipes you can make starting with this 1 ingredient
Here are 15 delicious recipes that you can make starting with just one delicious, seasonal summer fruit: melons!
Melon lavender soup
This soup makes for a slightly sweet appetizer or a very original dessert! Simply chop 2 large melons into small pieces and then blend until smooth. Saute 4 finely chopped shallots in a pan along with 1 tablespoon olive oil for a few minutes or until the shallots start to become transparent. Then pour in the melon puree, followed by a bit of chicken stock to thin it out to your desired consistency. Pour into a bowl and decorate with edible lavender and slices of cured ham.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!