Foie Gras with crusty gingerbread and balsamic strawberries
- 8 uncooked foie gras slices 1-2 oz each
- 1 gingerbread 5 oz
- 1 basket of strawberries
- scant 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- cream of balsamic vinegar
Cut the gingerbread in slices and sear it for 20 minutes in the oven at 200° F.
Cook the seasoned slices of foie gras with sea salt and pepper in a plancha (grill) for 1 minute on each side.
Caramelize the fresh strawberries and add the balsamic vinegar.
Garnish the dinner plate with the foie gras alternating with the gingerbread. Use the fresh stawberries, the cream and the balsamic vinegar to decorate the plate
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!