20 Creative Ways To Get Your Watermelon Fix
Watermelon is 92% water making it the perfect, refreshing summer snack. Instead of eating it by the slice, try these 20 genius watermelon recipes!
© Proud Italian Cook
Fresh Watermelon Cake
For this creative dessert, simply sculpt a whole watermelon into a cake shape, spread generously with whipped cream, then adorn with fruits and seeds—it's practically healthy!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!