Fruit Ice Box Pie
- 1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 pkg strawberry jello
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix softened butter and 1 cup powdered sugar in a bowl. When mixed thoroughly, spread over pie crust (bottom of crust only). Chill.
Drain crushed pineapple well, saving the juice. Add enough water to juice to make 3/4 cups. Heat juice/water mixture to boiling. Add jello and stir until dissolved.
Add pineapple, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, salt, and lemon juice. Remove from heat and chill until cold and syrupy. Stir in canned milk. Pour over chilled butter mixture in pie crust. Chill.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!