This is such a fresh healthy soup. It is perfect for a nice warm summer day or in the winter when you are trying to make-believe it is warm out.
- 1 can crushed tomatoes plus liquid
- 1 Serrano chili
- 1 seedless watermelon
- divided and chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 2 tbsp dried dill
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Feta crumbled
- to taste
- Green onion
- to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Blend tomatoes, chili, 1/2 watermelon, red onion, dill.
Combine all ingredients. Top with 1/2 watermelon chunks, green onion, and feta.
Instead of green onions you can use fresh chives for a slightly different flavor.
You'll also love
- Summer Squash Frittata 3.6/5 (78 Votes)
- Pea Gazpacho with Mint 4.1/5 (67 Votes)
- Tomato Gazpacho with Sardines 4.1/5 (49 Votes)
- Mango and coconut pacchadi. 2.1/5 (105 Votes)
- Urad Dal Rice 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Sangria Recipe 2.7/5 (20 Votes)
- FRENCH ONION SOUP 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Spicy Tropical Fruit Salad with... 3.3/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!