Tomato Gazpacho with Sardines
- 2 cans of whole sardines with tomato sauce
- 8 ripe tomatoes
- 1 orange
- ½ cucumber
- ½ yellow pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp of Espelette
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 bunch of chives
- 3/4 cup of parmesan
- 4 slices of brioche
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel cucumber, onion, garlic clove and orange. Wash the tomatoes and peppers. Mix everything with salt, olive oil, vinegar and Espelette pepper. Blend in a food processor or blender.
Strain and reserve. Before serving, add the sardine sauce to your gazpacho. Pour mixture into chilled soup plates, crumble sardines over top.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and chopped chives. Serve with slices of toasted brioche. Really good!
You'll also love
- Bruschetta and Goat Cheese Crostini 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Rice and Tomato salad 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Yellow Squash Soup 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Baby/ Kid friendly Autumn Soup 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Razmatazz 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Simple shortcake with crumble 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Dale's Chicken and Noodle Casserole 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Easy Tuna Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!