Slow Cooker Rosemary & Thyme Potato Soup
- 3 Lbs Potatoes - peeled
- chopped into bite size chunks (7-8 cups)
- 1 Onion - diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic - minced
- 2 Tsp Sea Salt
- Pepper - to taste
- 1 Tsp Thyme - crushed
- 1/2 Tsp Rosemary - crushed
- 6 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream or Half & Half
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In slow cooker combine potatoes, onion, garlic, spices and chicken stock. Stir. Cover with lid and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours until potatoes are tender.
Scoop out 1/2 cup of the broth and set aside. Gently mash the potatoes to thicken the soup and break up bigger pieces.
Whisk flour into reserved broth until smooth. Stir in cream and whisk until smooth. Pour into slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on LOW for 1 hour stirring once or twice.
You'll also love
- Baby and kid friendly leek soup 3/5 (27 Votes)
- Cream of Spinach Soup 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Pot Roast 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Rosemary Potatoes 2.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Stuffing 2.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Hearty Potato & Cheese Soup 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Cream of Potato Soup 3/5 (5 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken Potato & Rice 2.8/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!