Tuna Steaks Provencal
By Punky Brewster
- 10 oz fresh tuna
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4-1/2 cup of white wine
- 2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoon rosemary
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Finely chop the garlic, and saute over high heat in a tablespoon of olive oil.
Add tuna, salt, pepper, and add half the herbs.
When one side is cooked, turn the tuna, salt, pepper, and add the remaining herbs.
Remove seeds and dice the tomatoes.
Deglaze pan with white wine, wait until the wine has evaporated, then reduce heat to low.
Add tomatoes and simmer 45 minutes, covered. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Asian Grilled Tuna 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Asian Herb Ahi Tuna 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Stuffed tomatoes: a superb finger... 2.5/5 (66 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Easy crepes 2.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Garlic Roast Chicken with Rosemary... 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Spring Clafoutis 2.9/5 (35 Votes)
- Tuna Melt 2.8/5 (14 Votes)
- fried shrimp 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!