GInger baked pears
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 ripe bartlett pears
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Smear bottom of 8 inch dish with butter and sprinkle with ginger.
Peel, halve and core pears and place cut side down in dish.
Sprinkle with sugar, pour wine over and dot with butter.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes until tender.
Serve with dollop of sour cream.
You'll also love
- Chicken Spinach and Potato Curry 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- No Bake Fudge Oatmeal Cookies 2.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Banana Split Squares 2.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Vegetable and Rice Casserole 2.8/5 (5 Votes)
- chicken P 2.8/5 (15 Votes)
- Hainanese Chicken 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Singapoerean Rice 2.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Tartiflette Quiche 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.