- 2 lb. chicken (or parts)
- chicken stock (enough to cover chicken)
- salt and pepper to taste
- sesame oil
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Place all ingredients except rice in a stock pot. Ensure that the chicken stock covers the chicken.
Bring to a boil. then simmer chicken until cooked and tender.
Cook rice in a rice cooker. Use remaining chicken stock instead of water.
Serve with grated ginger, sweet soy sauce, sesame oil and chili sauce.
Hainanese chicken can be cooked in the rice cooker as a one pot meal. Assemble the pot as follows: rice, chicken stock, chicken and other ingredients. Cook as usual. Check for doneness before serving.
You'll also love
- One Pan Roasted Chicken and... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Chicken with Garlic and Olives 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Mac and Cheese 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Rice COoker Pasta 2.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Hominy Casserole 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Puerto Rican Shredded Pork 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Rosted Garlic Fish 2.8/5 (7 Votes)
- Quesadilla 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.