Vegetable and Rice Casserole
- Sweet corn ( cream style) 1 tin
- Spinach leaves (palak),blanched and chopped 2 bunches
- Red capsicum 1 medium
- Green capsicum 1 medium
- Cooked rice 1/2 cup
- Butter 3 tablespoons
- Extra virgin olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Onion 1 medium
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder 1 teaspoon
- Refined flour (maida) 2 tablespoons
- Milk 2 cups
- Grated cheese 1 cup
- Mustard paste 1 tablespoon
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Heat 1 tbsp butter in a non stick pan. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and let the butter melt.Drain the sweet corn and rinse in fresh water.
Slice an onion and add to the pan and sauté till soft. Add corn and spinach and mix. Transfer into an baking dish.
Sprinkle salt and ½ tsp pepper powder.
Heat the remaining butter in the non stick pan. Spread rice over the vegetables in the baking dish.Add refined flour to the pan and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add milk gradually, stirring continuously, ensuring there are no lumps.
Cook till the sauce thickens. Add ½ cup cheese and stir.
Cut red and green capsicums (peppers) into small cubes. Sprinkle salt over the capsicums. Add mustard paste to the sauce and mix. Pour the sauce over the rice in the baking dish and spread it all over.
Sprinkle half the capsicums and top it with remaining cheese and sprinkle the remaining capsicums. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on top. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Tomato Tart 4.8/5 (55 Votes)
- Easy Pumpkin Cake 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Hamantaschen Dough and Filling 2.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Guacamole 2.8/5 (15 Votes)
- Vegetable Saute 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
- COLBY’S BEAN SALSA DIP 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
- California Blend Vegetables 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Grandma Marie's Baked Chicken in... 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Tomatoes are delicious and a great part of a healthy diet. With our video we teach you the easiest way to quickly de-seed and dice a tomato, so that it's ready in no time!