Crawfish with a roux over rice.
- 1/2 cup cooking oil,3/4 cup flour, 2 nice sized onins ,1bell pepper,1-2 lbs crawfish tails(bought at your grocery store),2 cups rice,salt and pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cook Rice ,set aside till stew is done
Add oil in a pot over med heat,let it get hot, add flour,stir constantly don't stop stirringare roux will burn. Stirring constantly till roux is a dark brown color.
Add chopped onions and chopped bell peppers stir till crystalized.
Add crawfish,stir for about a min are two.
Add 2-3 cups of water,cover pot and put heat on low,simmer for about And hour stirring occasionally, it should thicken as it cooks. If after 40mins its still thin add a spoon of cornstarch to a little water in a cup stir well and add to stew to thicken.
Serve over rice and Enjoy.Goes well with potato salad.
Great for people whom never had crawfish are stews with a Cajun roux
You'll also love
- Vegetable and Rice Casserole 2.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Sister Howard's Tuscan Soup 2.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Hawaiian Beef Casserole 2.8/5 (5 Votes)
- beef stroganoff 2.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Salad for 8 2.8/5 (26 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Spicy Tuna and Lentil Salad 2.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Salmon Stuffing Rolls 2.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Lazy Man's Stew 2.7/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.