Crawfish with a roux over rice.
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 nice sized onins
- 1bell pepper
- 1-2 lbs crawfish tails(bought at your grocery store)
- 2 cups rice
- salt and pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cook Rice ,set aside till stew is done
Add oil in a pot over med heat,let it get hot, add flour,stir constantly don't stop stirringare roux will burn. Stirring constantly till roux is a dark brown color.
Add chopped onions and chopped bell peppers stir till crystalized.
Add crawfish,stir for about a min are two.
Add 2-3 cups of water,cover pot and put heat on low,simmer for about And hour stirring occasionally, it should thicken as it cooks. If after 40mins its still thin add a spoon of cornstarch to a little water in a cup stir well and add to stew to thicken.
Serve over rice and Enjoy.Goes well with potato salad.
Great for people whom never had crawfish are stews with a Cajun roux
You'll also love
- Vegetable and Rice Casserole 2.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Sister Howard's Tuscan Soup 2.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Hawaiian Beef Casserole 2.8/5 (5 Votes)
- beef stroganoff 2.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Salad for 8 2.8/5 (26 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Spicy Tuna and Lentil Salad 2.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Salmon Stuffing Rolls 2.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Lazy Man's Stew 2.7/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.