Rate this recipe 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- 1 lb. stewing beef
- 3 cups tomato puree
- salt and pepper to taste
- dried oregano to taste
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
Cook on slow for up to 12 hours.
You'll also love
- Holiday pie 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Grilled Burgers 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Hamburger Soup 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Brisket 2.7/5 (5 Votes)
- Slow Cooked Turkey Chili 2.7/5 (10 Votes)
- beef stroganoff 2.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Beef Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tasty Beef Tomato Pockets
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe