Easy family favorite winter meal.
- 1-1/2 lbs stew meat
- 4 medium potatoes (cubed)
- 1 bag baby carrots
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 medium can diced tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper
- Salt and pepper to tasted
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 150mins
Cost Average budget
Cook meat in 1-1/2 quarts water in large pot for 2 hours.
On low heat, add all other vegetables and cook until vegetables are done, about 30 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.